Battle Ground Public Schools annual plant and greenhouse sales start April 23
April 1, 2022
A variety of annual and perennial bedding and flowering plants, as well as vegetable starts and hanging baskets grown in Battle Ground Public Schools’ greenhouses by students and staff, will be available for purchase at upcoming public sales beginning April 23.
This year, the sales at Battle Ground and Prairie high schools will be drop-in, with no registration required. The Northwest Native Trees and Shrubs sale on the CASEE campus will include one day by appointment only and one day open to the general public.
Money raised from these sales supports the district’s horticulture and FFA programs and welding teams. Students and staff from Battle Ground High School; Prairie High School; and the FFA program grow tens of thousands of plants each year. Some of these plants are used in landscaping projects on school campuses, while the rest are sold at annual public sales.
Battle Ground High School
- Saturday, April 23 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- The BGHS greenhouses are located at 300 W Main St., Battle Ground Payment options: Cash, check, or debit/credit cards accepted.
Battle Ground High School’s Agriculture Department has a large selection of hanging baskets in various sizes available for sale this year. There will be a limited selection of other plants, including zonal geraniums, primrose, succulents, sedum flats and flowering patio pots. No annual bedding plants or vegetable starts will be available to the public this year.
Center for Agriculture, Science, and Environmental Education (CASEE)
- By appointment on Saturday, April 30 (Register at Naturescaping.org starting April 10) Noon to 3:00 p.m. (9:00 a.m. to noon is for Naturescaping members)
- Sunday, May 1 – 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (no appointment required)
- The CASEE Center is located at 11104 N.E. 149th Street in Brush Prairie Payment options: Checks and credit/debit cards accepted.
Held in conjunction with NatureScaping of SW Washington’s Bare Root trees, shrubs and perennials sale, CASEE will have northwest native trees and shrubs available. Prices are $5, $10 or $15 depending on size.
Prairie High School
- Wednesday, May 4 from 3:00-6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, May 5 from 3:00-5:00 p.m.
- Friday, May 6 from 3:00-6:30 p.m.
- Saturday, May 7 from 9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- The PHS greenhouse is located in the southwest corner of the campus at 11311 NE 119th Street in Vancouver. Signs will be out to help direct traffic. Payment options: Check or credit/debit cards. No cash accepted.
Plants available include fuchsias, geraniums, New Guinea impatiens, dahlias, as well as annual and perennial assortments. Vegetable starts will include cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, squash, pumpkins and lettuce. Check the What’s Growing in Prairie’s Greenhouse Facebook page for a full list of available plants ahead of the sale.
The post BGPS annual plant & greenhouse sales start April 23 appeared first on Battle Ground Public Schools.