Vote for Miradi’s culinary creation in national Future Chefs competition
May 5, 2022
Vote by May 13 for the culinary creation of Maple Grove Primary 3rd grader Miradi Ackler! She is one of just five students in the country competing for the National Future Chef Champion 2022 title!
Her Fancy Nancy Bacon Balsamic Grilled Cheese recipe was selected from thousands of entries across the country.
The nine year old won first place in the district Future Chefs competition held at Prairie High School, and then took first in our region to advance to the national competition.
The community can vote for Miradi’s creation through May 13 online.
Sodexo also plans to add Miradi’s delicious sandwich to the menu at her school for one day sometime in the near future.
Fancy Nancy Bacon Balsamic Grilled Cheese
6 Tbsp Pesto 1/2 Cup Balsamic Vinegar 2 Tbsp Honey 6 Slices Sourdough Bread 6 Slices Mozzarella Cheese 6 Bacon Slices, Cooked 4 Tbsp Mayonaise Basil Leaves for Garnish
- Bring the balsamic vinegar to boil in small skillet, reduce to medium heat
- Stir in honey and simmer until reduced by half
- Remove from heat
- Spread 1 Tbsp pesto on all bread slices
- Layer on 3 bread slices – 1 slice mozzarella cheese
- 2 slices crumbled bacon, 1 slice of mozzarella
- Drizzle balsamic/honey mix on top
- Place remaining 3 slices of bread on each to make 3 sandwiches
- Spread outside of the sandwich with mayonnaise, lightly press sandwich together
- Toast one sandwich in large nonstick skillet over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown
- Carefully flip and cook on the other side for an additional 2-3 min until golden brown and cheese is melted
- Garnish with basil leaves
The post Vote for Miradi in national Future Chefs competition appeared first on Battle Ground Public Schools.